9 June 2009 - 14 September 2010
Ministerial Responsibilities within the Treasury Portfolio
Assists the Treasurer in the development, implementation and administration of policies in the Treasury portfolio. Not included are those areas that are the responsibility of the Minister for Financial Services, Superannuation and Corporate Law, and the Minister for Competition Policy and Consumer Affairs.
Assists the Treasurer in the development, implementation and administration of policies in the following areas:
- Design of taxation law as delegated by the Treasurer.
- Administration of taxation laws and administrative matters relating to the Australian Taxation Office.
- Taxation proposals in relation to compliance.
- Assisting the Treasurer at his request with international economic engagement, in particular in relation to international taxation, accounting and auditing standards and mutual recognition arrangements.
- Dealing with individual cases other than major and/or sensitive cases.
- Oversight of the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB).
- Representational duties, correspondence and administrative matters in general portfolio matters as referred by the Treasurer.
- The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).
- The Productivity Commission (PC).
- The Royal Australian Mint including currency and coinage.
- The Board of Taxation.